We would like to know how we can improve our service to you and how you perceive our surgery and staff.
What is a Patient Participation Group (PPG)?
Patient Participation Group Definition
A Patient Participation Group (PPG) is a group of patients, carers and GP practice staff who meet to discuss practice issues and patients to experience to improve the service.
Purpose of a PPG:
- To give patients and practice staff the opportunity to meet and discuss topics of mutual interest.
- To provide a means for patients to become more involved and make suggestions about the healthcare services they receive.
- To explore issues from patient complaints and patient surveys contribute to actions plans and help monitor improvements.
- To contribute feedback to the practice on National Patient Survey developments or change results and Friends and Family Test feedback to propose
- To support health awareness and patient education.
What should a PPG look like?
A PPG is open to every patient on the GP practice list. All communities, groups, genders, ages, ethnicities, and disabilities representing the patient list are encouraged to join. There are no other membership requirements except that patients must be registered with the practice.
To help us with this, we are setting up a patient representation group (virtual and face-to-face) so that you can have your say. We will ask the members of this representative group some questions from time to time such as what you think about our opening times or the quality of the care or service you received. We will contact you via email and keep our surveys succinct so it shouldn't take too much of your time.
We aim to gather as broad spectrum as possible to get a truly representative sample. We need young people, workers, retirees, people with long term conditions and people from non-British ethnic groups.
If you would like to talk to a PPG member or have an issue which you would like us to address on your behalf then please get in touch with the Practice Manager.
We are currently looking to recruit more members to our PPG Group. If you are interested in joining our PPG please contact the practice Manager or complete the below form & email to;
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note, no medical information or questions will be responded to.